[Ecls-list] About sockets - maybe last iteration?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:54:13 UTC 2010

I have revisited the SB-SOCKETS code and implemented the following changes.

1- The composite streams now have an internal flag indicating that its
components should be automatically closed.

2- When requesting input/output streams, the function
SOCKET-MAKE-STREAM creates a two-way stream that automatically closes
its components.

3- SOCKET-MAKE-STREAM has a total of four keyword arguments
:BUFFERING, :EXTERNAL-FORMAT, :INPUT and :OUTPUT that behave just like
SBCL's

4- Use of :INPUT or :OUTPUT is needed now.

With these changes Slime runs fine in my system. Please have a look at
your own code and tests programs to see whether this solution fits
your needs and is working properly.