[Ecls-list] ECL HEAD + Slime HEAD

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Tue Feb 16 20:32:52 UTC 2010

Marko Kocić <marko.kocic at gmail.com>
writes:

> - rm -rf ~/.slime ~/.fasls
> - start emacs and slime (evertyhing seems ok while in repl)
> - restart (or quit and start slime) couple times. Doesn't fail each time
> - eventually get the following message in repl

I actually managed to reproduce it, but it needed lots of restarting
attempts (~10) -- luckily Emacs is scriptable so that's not a big
problem:

  M-:

  (while (slime-connected-p)
    (slime-restart-inferior-lisp)
    (while (not (slime-connected-p)) (sit-for 0.2))
    (sit-for 0.3))

  RET

However, most of the times if I get an error, I get an error that the
connection closes because of unexpected end of file. No idea yet why.

I did manage to get a stack overflow, too, though.

I'll have to think about how to best make this work with ecl running
under gdb; probably involving a shell script...

Anyway:

I have a suspicion: Marko, can you comment out the second-last form (an
EVAL-WHEN with a SPAWN in it) in contrib/swank-asdf.lisp -- and try if
you can reproduce the stack overflow again?

  -T.