[Ecls-list] ECL HEAD + Slime HEAD

Marko Kocić marko.kocic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 15:24:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de> wrote:

> I'd like people to test current Slime HEAD with ECL HEAD.
>
> If you build ECL with --enable-threads, Slime will now use threads on
> ECL. If you build ecl with serve-event, Slime will use that (though I
> haven't tested that yet.)
>
> All in all, this should result in much better user experience. No random
> hangups anymore, etc.
>
> Important is that you do use ECL HEAD though, revisions of a few days
> ago, won't do.

I updated to latest slime and latest ecl (cvs and git from few minutes
ago) and notice the following problems
- first start of ecl (with clean .slime) under slime is ok
- stack overflow fault when doing restart, somethimes before,
somethimes after quit
- stack overflow (almost always) when doing start after quit
- slime is now compiled (I think that is the point)

Platform is ubuntu 64 bit, ecl is with unicode and threads enabled

Regards,
Marko Kocić