[Ecls-list] ECL 10.2.1 RC

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:37:30 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> I'll have to test this more throughly tomorrow, but some software which
> works with ECL 9.8.3 behaves differently under ECL 10.2.1: sockets
> don't appear to be closed when close is called on a stream over a
> socket.  I also tried adding a close call to the socket itself but it
> would still not close.

We had to change ECL's socket streams from ordinary streams to
two-way-streams because otherwise concurrent I/O operations would lock --
for instance, Slime needs to write and read to the same socket --. This is a
quick hack, and I forgot that CLOSE applied on a two-way steam does not
close the constituents.

Could you verify that the patch I committed solves your problems?

Sorry for the inconvenience,