[Ecls-list] Projects looking for volunteers

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 13 13:29:07 UTC 2010

* Port boinkmarks to ECL or create some other way to test performance of
ECL/git and produce nice records of that.

* Profile and optimize ECL' C library. Key places include for instance the
interpreter, CLOS dispatch routines, uses of ecl_process_env(), etc.

* Work on the FFI creating optimizers for compiled code. This basically
amounts to creating compiler macros that, in case of large optimization
settings, expand FFI forms into optimized C-INLINE forms. This would
dramatically improve access to foreign data when the types are specified.

* Work on a better API for synchronization of multithreaded programs. The
Boehm-Weiser garbage collector already provides a nice library for atomic
operations which could be used to implement compare-and-swap or other cheak
locking mechanisms.

* Finish the MOP.

* Optimize our implementation of CLOS. This includes things like rethinking
the way we optimize access to object slots, writing specialized dispatch
functions for methods that depend only one argument, etc.