[Ecls-list] Release ahead, report problems

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 07:16:26 UTC 2010

Just wanted to add that I've been stress testing a real app (with
heavy FFI use, graphics, sound) using ECL from recent git under MinGW
for several hours and it seems 100% solid (good news to me, as I
hadn't tried it before, and always my doubts about things on Windows).
I have two spooky problems while building the app which I'm not sure
how to debug: GCC 4.4.0 dies with an internal error on a certain file
the first time I try to compile it, and ECL dies with its own internal
error on a different file. In both cases, restarting the build at the
trouble point eventually leads to success. Build issues aside, I'm
impressed that I've got my app running on Windows so easily. Good
work!