[Ecls-list] Reloading swank code does result in error

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 7 12:52:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de>wrote:

> Can you reproduce that?

Actually, no: I updated to the latest slime, cleaned up all stale fasl files
and tried starting slime and quitting it in various ways.

My guess is that slime is keeping older versions of swank compiled and they
are not properly loaded by a newer version of ECL, which gets confused --
this may very easily happen, as binary compatibility is not guaranteed
between different versions and even changing configuration flags may render
certain FASLs unloadable by others.