[Ecls-list] FFI/UFFI and link flags

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Tue Feb 2 11:26:36 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've been testing UFFI with ECL and have noticed that although
the :system-library flag to load-foreign-library, which as intended
causes -l to be used at link time instead of linking with an absolute
path to the library, does not allow to specify the -L and -Wl,R (RPATH)
flags.

I've been thinking of rebuilding ECL with custom additional LDFLAGS
which it'd also then use when building any fas, but this still wouldn't
allow dynamic paths to be added later on as needed.

Is there an existing ECL-specific special variable which can be set
before or after load-foreign-library to specify additional wanted
LDFLAGS?  Also how about CFLAGS (I also remember a request from another
user on this list about a way to add CFLAGS).

A quick check at the ffi.lsp file shows *LD-FLAGS* but it doesn't seem
to be user-serviceable.

Thanks,
--
Matt