[Ecls-list] Running ECL Under Java

David Scuse scuse at cs.umanitoba.ca
Mon Feb 1 18:04:33 UTC 2010

I have been attempting to get ECL to run under Java
but I keep getting the error message:
"An unrecoverable stack overflow has occurred."

The error occurs in GC_init(); in alloc_2.c.

I am running on Windows XP (SP2) and used MS VS C++ 10beta to build ECL.
The connection from Java to C (using JNI) works correctly
and calling directly from C to ECL (by building an exe) works correctly.

I have tried modifying some of the obvious parameters but nothing works.
Memory shouldn't be a problem, a malloc of 10,000,000 (which is then free'd)
before calling ECL is successful.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
David