[Ecls-list] Project status

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Tue Dec 28 19:05:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Testing and bug fixing proceeds. While I would love to make the release
> before the 31st, I find it is more important getting it right. I say this
> because it is 27th and I still have not managed to reactivate testing of
> Axiom and Maxima.

I can build OpenAxiom with ECL HEAD on a x86_64 running openSUSE-11.3.

The testsuite  reveals some type checking problems -- I don't know yet whether
it is an OpenAxiom bug or an issue with ECL.  I'll report on that later.

> * Right now all Unix platforms build except for one Solaris box which I am
> unable to debug (heisenbug, disappears when I use the debugger)
> * Mingw32 also builds on my virtualbox (XP SP3).

I don't have my Windows box handy, but I expect to do so by the end of the
day.  I don't promise to test ECL with OpenAxiom on given the time it takes
to build OpenAxiom with ECL (but it would be a good thing to do).

Thanks!

-- Gaby