[Ecls-list] Project status

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 27 23:07:58 UTC 2010

Testing and bug fixing proceeds. While I would love to make the release
before the 31st, I find it is more important getting it right. I say this
because it is 27th and I still have not managed to reactivate testing of
Axiom and Maxima.

* Right now all Unix platforms build except for one Solaris box which I am
unable to debug (heisenbug, disappears when I use the debugger)

* Mingw32 also builds on my virtualbox (XP SP3).

* The Microsoft Visual Studio C++ (MSVC) port builds fine in 32 bits mode.

* The MSVC port always ships with a module that replaces the lisp->C
compiler with a bytecodes compiler. This allows ECL to be installed in
computers in which the C/C++ compiler is not present.

* The NSIS self-installer script more or less works. The icon is broken and
the program can not be installed without administrator privileges. Help is
welcome to fix this.