[Ecls-list] *default-pathname-defaults* and compilation

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 24 12:35:18 UTC 2010

I have fixed this by wrapping c:safe-run-program in a form that changes the
process current directory to the one dictated by *default-pathname-defaults*
I am not yet sure that this is the right solution.

The problems you were experiencing were due to a contributed patch that
shortens filenames: instead of using the full name, just relative to
*default-pathname-defaults*. This was done to reduce the size of the command
line. I do not know whether that patch was submitted because the user faced
a system error with very large programs, but I suspect so. In any case, I do
not feel like removing it and the other solution (using an ext:chdir) seems
ok. Time will tell.

BTW, ext:chdir by default changes both *default-pathname-defaults* AND the
process current directory. It is thus more useful than just setting the
variable.