[Ecls-list] Project status

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 8 18:54:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 2:35 PM, David Kirkby <david.kirkby at onetel.net>wrote:

> If you want to add an OpenSolaris 06/2009 machine to your buildbot, I
> can do it. This is a  real 3.33 GHz machine, not a virtual one. It's
> currently used as a buildbot client for Sage, but you are welcome to
> use it too. Just let me know a username - anything except "buildbot",
> as that's in use.

Hi David, that would be really nice, as my opensolaris setup does not work
well -- the computer does not support this virtualbox very nicely -- and I
have not managed to squeeze it into smaller image (how does one make it a
text-only environment, without the bloat of the gnome environment?)

For the account name you may use "jjgarcia", and make the account as
restricted as you need: I only need the compiler (gcc or sun, you choose), a
debugger and perhaps emacs, in case I must develop in-place.

One thing I need is that this machine be accessible from "sage". Our
computers are firewalled and can only "dial" to a fixed set of addresses. I
managed to add "sage", but would have a hard time convincing the sysops to
add more.

t2.math is now working ok now - the setup has changed a bit, but its
> now working.

Yes, I saw that it builds fine but there are again problems with floating
point exceptions.

> For 64-bit Solaris builds, it would be good if you can verify if
> libecl has any text relocation issues. The easiest way to do that is
> using "elfdump"

I will try to add this as a regression test.