[Ecls-list] ECL on Windows 32-bit with msys/mingw

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:21:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <
juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu> wrote:
>
>>  libeclmin.a(ffi.o): In function `si_make_dynamic_callback':
>> c:/Docume~1/gdr/Desktop/ecl.cvs/src/c/ffi.d:976: undefined reference to
>> `ffi_prep_closure'
>>
>> libeclmin.a(ffi.o): In function `si_call_cfun':
>> c:/Docume~1/gdr/Desktop/ecl.cvs/src/c/ffi.d:925: undefined reference to
>> `ffi_call'
>>

> This code should not be compiled and I can guarantee I do not see this in
> my copy of mingw. Is there a library called libffi in your system, or did
> ECL detect it at configuration time? It should appear in the log or by a
> definition HAVE_LIBFFI in ecl/config.h If so you could you try using
> --without-dffi

I have seen this precise error when building with a recent version of cygwin
(see http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs/cygwin32) which comes with a -lffi
library. ECL detects it and tries to use it, but it fails because it seems
it is not the actual libffi or it has some other API. I just wonder why you
saw the same error in pure Mingw (while I don't
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs/mingw32)