[Ecls-list] ECL on Windows 32-bit with msys/mingw

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 18 16:29:02 UTC 2010

Ok, I just finished a successful mingw32 build. Just for the record, the
steps I took are

* Install mingw and msys.
* I will call my home directory CHOME=c:/mingw/home/jjgarcia
* In mingw notation HOME=/home/jjgarcia
* Download the 7.2a4 version of the Boehm-Weiser garbage collector from here
  http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source/
* Download ECL
* Unpack the garbage collector at $CHOME/
* Unpack ECL also at $CHOME
* Enter CHOME/gc-7.2a4, type
  ./configure --prefix=$HOME/mingw32 --disable-shared --enable-threads;
make; make install
* Build the GMP library with these commands
  mkdir $HOME/gmp
  cd $HOME/gmp
  $HOME/ecl/src/gmp/configure --prefix=$HOME/mingw32 --disable-shared
  make
  make install
* Configure ECL so that it finds the pre-built libraries
  cd $HOME/ecl
  ./configure --prefix=$HOME/mingw32 --enable-threads \
    CPPFLAGS=-I$CHOME/include LDFLAGS=-L$CHOME/lib \
    --enable-boehm=system
* Build and install
  make; make install
* Enjoy