[Ecls-list] ECL on Windows 32-bit with msys/mingw
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:27:10 UTC 2010
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu> wrote:
> Has anybody been successful building ECL from CVS trunk on Windows
> 32-bit using msys/mingw? For me it fails with:
My testing server has been in somebody else's hands for three months now. No
server means no Windows for me. So I cannot really tell you what is the
status right now since I am yet again installing Windows and reconstructing
my original setup.
I started the week with an abundance of patience and hope for ECL on
> Windows boxes, but it seems to be drying up very quickly.
- the windows 32 bit port worked. if something broke in the mean time and
nobody reported it can be easily fixed
- mingw is a PITA and a patience drainer. just guessing what to do to have
64 bits is a waste of time.
- buidling just GMP with mingw takes well over 15 minutes on a virtual
machine that builds ECL and everything using MSVC in under 5 minutes.
- if you do not feel comfortable with the current status of the port,
instead of wasting your patience, report it and wait. not everybody has
enough karma to face this ugly platform.
- I have been on holidays too and thus largely unable to investigate your
problems with windows 64. things take time.
- no difficulty is insurmountable except death.
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ecl-devel