[Ecls-list] ECL on LLP64 machines

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Thu Aug 12 17:59:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> For Mingw you should use a more recent (alpha) release of the garbage
> collector, install it and then build ECL. Sorry for the inconvenience, but
> the GC people do not yet dare to produce a stable release.
> Juanjo

That is what I figured out, but I got mired in other issues.
Yes, the GC from CVS compiles and installs fine.  And ECL's configure
was able to pick it up.  The only issue I had been distracted with
is that, apparently, ECL's configure could not use the multi-threading
library that comes with mingw-w64.  I was trying to resolve that issue
but unsuccessfully so far.

-- Gaby