[Ecls-list] cl_boot crash

John DeSoi desoi at pgedit.com
Sun Aug 1 02:01:17 UTC 2010

On Jul 31, 2010, at 5:49 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

> Yes, there seems to be one issue remaining. If you start the 4D application and attempt to quit (just from the Finder, not using GDB), then 4D hangs. It has to be killed using the dock menu or process manager.
>
> Here I cannot help, but I see the same problem when I remove all code related to ECL.

That's strange. I commented out the ECL calls in InitPlugin and DeinitPlugin and rebuilt it. 4D quits as expected.

Now that cl_boot seemed to be working, I changed the test function to evaluate something. This crashes in what seems to be a threading issue.

void new_Command1( PA_PluginParameters params )
{
	// int res = ecl_get_option(ECL_OPT_BIND_STACK_SIZE);
	cl_object obj = c_string_to_object("'(1 2 3 4 5)");
	int res = fix(cl_length(obj));
	PA_ReturnLong( params, res );
}

John DeSoi, Ph.D.