[Ecls-list] compiling with mingw-w64

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Thu Apr 15 11:36:51 UTC 2010

Martin Rubey wrote:
> Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> writes:
>
> OK, I just tried.  I'm now getting the following with a fresh cvs
> checkout.  But I have no idea which file to edit, and what to write into
> it...
>
> ### 1.2) Choose an integer datatype which is large enough to host a
>     pointer
> CL_FIXNUM_TYPE=int
> CL_FIXNUM_BITS=32
> CL_FIXNUM_MAX=536870911L
> CL_FIXNUM_MIN=-536870912L

The above is definitely wrong for 64-bit system.  On Windows
reasonable value for CL_FIXNUM_TYPE is 'long long' or maybe
'ptrint_t' (IIUC 'ptrint_t' should be good for all compilers
which are reasonably compatible with C99, I think that gcc on
Windows is).  CL_FIXNUM_BITS must be 64 and the other two
follow.

BTW: I think that it is possible to do compile only test for
sizeof, so in principle ecl could infer the above even when
cross-compiling.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl