[Ecls-list] ecl-10.4.1 doesn't compile maxima-5.20.1

Andrey G. Grozin A.G.Grozin at inp.nsk.su
Sun Apr 11 19:53:49 UTC 2010

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010, Mike Hansen wrote:
> I think this is relevant: http://osdir.com/ml/sage-devel/2010-04/msg00077.html
Thanks, this helps somewhat. With this patch, maxima-5.20.1 is
successfully compiled by ecl-10.4.1. But running the testsuite I get

(%i1) run_testsuite();
Running tests in rtestnset: 530/530 tests passed.
Running tests in rtest1: 106/106 tests passed.
Running tests in rtest1a: 24/24 tests passed.
Running tests in rtest2: 56/56 tests passed.
Running tests in rtest4:

At this point, maxima hangs infinitely long. ps -C maxima shows the maxima
process, but the load average is 0.00. What's even more strange: pressing
ctrl-C in this terminal does not kill maxima; I have to kill it from
another terminal. If I run only this test, I see

(%i1) run_testsuite(tests=[rtest4]);
Running tests in rtest4: 89/89 tests passed.

No unexpected errors found.

and at this point maxima hangs in the same way (not interruptable by
ctrl-C).

Andrey