[Ecls-list] Suspicious size of "asdf:make-build :monolithic t"'s output

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Mon Apr 5 17:49:57 UTC 2010

I have encountered some peculiar size discrepancy in the output
of (asdf:make-build :system-name :type :fasl :monolithic t).

Specifically, the final -mono.fasb is now 0.6 MB with ECL 10.4.1,
where it used to be 6 MB with ECL 9.4.  I'd like to believe
in ECL's newly-acquired magical compilation powers, but the fact that
.fas files produced by compiling individual source files are of
about the the same scale, combined with the failure to load the final .fasb
makes me a tad suspicious :-)

I've looked in the manual, but it didn't seem to hint at any semantic
changes in the supposed behavior of ASDF:MAKE-BUILD.

What should I be looking at?

--
regards,
  Samium Gromoff