[Ecls-list] ecls 10.3.1 on armv7

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Thu Apr 1 19:24:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:51:55 -0400
Ryan Hope <rmh3093 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > ioctl(4, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, 0x9ed40a44) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid
> > argument)

I didn't yet reply as I'm not used much to glibc and would have to
lookup documentation and/or sources; but I assume the issue is in
[g]libc, and tcgetsid(3) might be using that ioctl, however the ECL
code itself does not seem to directly call tcgetsid(3).

However, using gdb would probably help to obtain more information than
strace, including per-thread stack backtraces (if using a multithreaded
build, that is)...  And although the above might show the possible
source of an EINVAL errno it's not clear to me why a segmentation fault
follows.

Moreover, the other syscalls there seem to succeed...
--
Matt