[Ecls-list] OS X 10.6 support

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:08:37 UTC 2009

Finally I manage to upgrade my computer to Snow Leopard.

I had to fix a couple of things in our version of the garbage
collector library. Unfortunately there are good and bad news.

Good news is everything builds fine.

Bad news is the flag --enable-gengc breaks ECL in OS X 10.6.

Somehow the incremental garbage collector has been broken in moving to
new new version of the operating system. I tried with the garbage
collector 7.2alpha2 without success. In the coming days I will also
try with the CVS version, but I am not willing to ship ECL with this
unstable version.

If we do not manage to find a solution I might just deactivate the
flag --enable-gengc when used with Darwin.