[Ecls-list] Some new issues with building on Solaris 8

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 11 08:49:52 UTC 2009

This is pretty weird. The "configure" program I sent you before was a
version in which changes had been reverted... I have not really
changed much about the way GMP builds, really.

One last check would be configuring GMP out of place and see whether
it detects your platform correctly. Like you leave the ecl directory.
Make some other empty directory and do path/to/ecl/src/gmp/configure
--prefix=$HOME --disable-shared and see whether it still uses the v8
files or not.

If problems persist I might just merge in the MPIR library, which is
said to be a more sensible version.

Juanjo