[Ecls-list] Some new issues with building on Solaris 8

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 11:45:29 UTC 2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 2:26 AM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I tried today's CVS code.  The signbit/ECL_SIGNED_ZERO bug is kind of
>> fixed, except that you entered a newline between \ and ECL_SIGNED_ZERO:
>>
>> #   ifdef HAVE_COPYSIGN
>> #    define signbit(x) (copysign(1.0,(x)) < 0)
>> #   else
>>     /* Fall back to no signed zero */
>> #    undef \
>>     ECL_SIGNED_ZERO
>>

> Is there any problem with this and Solaris' C preprocessor? Using the
> backslash and the newline is the only way to avoid Autoconf break this
> "undef" statement.

Oh, yeah, you're right.  I guess that should be ok.  I'm using gcc to
build, but if you want I can try (later) to build with Sun C.

I can't tell if it works though because make stops when trying to build
add_n.asm.  I can't quite easily tell if ecl/config.h is used by gmp or
not.  Probably not.

This is the same problem I was having.  I'll do a little CVS digging
later and let you know if I discover anything.

Ray