[Ecls-list] How can we build ECL on OS X in 64-bit

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Mon Sep 7 07:41:28 UTC 2009

Juanjo,

As you know, we are having some problems building ECL on 64-bit OS X (on
the machine bsd.math.washington.edu).

Can you tell me.

1) Will version 9.8.4  build, or do I need to check out the CVS?
2) Does one need to add -m64 to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS?
3) Does one need to set the ABI - and if so what to?

I've tried a CVS checkout, and 9.8.4, with every combination of ABI and
CFLAGS I can think of, but I can't seem to generate any 64-bit
libraries. If I add the compiler option -m64 to CFLAGS, the configure
script seems to remove it.

Dave