[Ecls-list] Query about changes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 6 06:46:18 UTC 2009

Matthew, can you provide me a minimal test? Right now I have a code
that interrupts a loop waiting to get a lock and it works 100% time.

Juanjo

(deftest mp-0001-with-lock
    (progn
      (defparameter *mp-0001-with-lock-a* t)
      (defparameter *mp-0001-with-lock-b* (mp:make-lock))
      (mp:with-lock (*mp-0001-with-lock-b*)
        (let ((background-process
               (mp:process-run-function
                'mp-0001-with-lock
                (coerce '(lambda ()
                          (handler-case
                              (progn
                                (setf *mp-0001-with-lock-a* 1)
                                (mp:with-lock (*mp-0001-with-lock-b*)
                                  (setf *mp-0001-with-lock-a* 1)))
                            (error (c)
                              (princ c)(terpri)
                              (setf *mp-0001-with-lock-a* c)))
                          (setf *mp-0001-with-lock-a* 2))
                        'function))))
          ;; The background process should not be able to get
          ;; the lock, and will simply wait. Now we interrupt it
          ;; and the process should gracefully quit, without
          ;; signalling any serious condition
          (and (mp:process-kill background-process)
               (progn (sleep 1)
                      (not (mp:process-active-p background-process)))
               (eq *mp-0001-with-lock-a* 1)))))
  t)