[Ecls-list] Assistance with Embedded ECL Application...

Brad Beer bradwbeer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 21:30:49 UTC 2009

Hello,

My name is Brad and I am trying to add ECL to an application with several
external, but staticlly linked, libraries. Some of them are OpenGL, SDL,
SDL_Mixer, Pango, Cairo...  What is the best way to insert these functions,
structures, callbackes, etc. into ECL? FFI doens't seem to work because they
are *staticlly* linked. Do I need to write a wrapper for each function and
if so, how do I handle exceptions and structures.

Yes, it is a graphics application and I would like to move most of the work
to the ECL side. Also, I would like to distribute it on windows where they
might not have a compiler ready.

Thanks,

Brad Beer