[Ecls-list] failure on cygwin

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Sat Oct 24 16:31:33 UTC 2009

Martin Rubey wrote:
> Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> writes:
>
> > This version of the GMP library does not support cygwin. I do not know
> > whether you will have better luck with the pre-installed version
> > coming with it, though.
>
> Is there a workaround?

IIUC Cygwin provides already compiled GMP.  If you install it
ECL configure should pick it.  If not, you may try extra arguments
to configure, like:

  --with-system-gmp       use already installed GMP library
(default=auto)
  --with-gmp-prefix=path  prefix for system GMP includes and libraries
  --with-gmp-incdir=path  path to system GMP includes (overrides prefix)
  --with-gmp-libdir=path  path to system GMP libraries (overrides
prefix)

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl