[Ecls-list] [ANN] ECL v9.10.2

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 18 11:01:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Andy Hefner <ahefner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Having established that underflow detection works, how do I disable
> it? I'll happily take a denormalized float or even zero, rather than
> have my program randomly explode due to numerical issues I couldn't
> care less about.

It is disabled by default, I would say. To disable all floating point
exceptions, use (EXT:TRAP-FPE T NIL), as discussed in a different thread.

To selectively activate / deactivate exceptions, use the condition names:
division-by-zero, floating-point-overflow, floating-point-underflow,
floating-point-invalid-operation and floating-point-inexact as first
argument