[Ecls-list] Latest fixes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 15 20:55:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Waldek Hebisch
<hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:
> I checked the newest version and debugger is entered as it should.
> Also (atan (complex 0.0d0 1.0d0)).  But I noticed significant
> change: no traping mode seem to be the default.  Previously
> apropriate condition was raised (as expected by FriCAS) now
> I just get:
>
> #C(#<DOUBLE-FLOAT quiet NaN> #.SI:DOUBLE-FLOAT-POSITIVE-INFINITY)
>
> and need to pass '--trap-fpe' to ECL.  Worse, executable seem to
> default to non-trapping mode and it is not clear how to make
> them use trapping mode.

Use (ext:trap-fpe T T) to turn all exceptions on or (ext:trap-fpe T
nil) to turn them off.

> (/ 1.0 0.0)

#.SI:SINGLE-FLOAT-POSITIVE-INFINITY
> (si::trap-fpe t t)

29
> (/ 1.0 0.0)

DIVISION-BY-ZERO
#<a DIVISION-BY-ZERO>

Available restarts:

1. (RESTART-TOPLEVEL) Go back to Top-Level REPL.

Broken at SI:BYTECODES. [Evaluation of: (/ 1.0 0.0)]
>> :q

Top level.