[Ecls-list] embedding: question regarding data structures?

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:31:18 UTC 2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> I would say you should not constrain yourself w.r.t to data
> structures

Sorry for asking you this but what does "w.r.t." stand for?

> use whatever is best for your lisp programs.

I guess that would be native CL data structures. On the other hand I already
have a working C data structure and it appears that, unlike CL's structures,
CLOS doesn't offer a way (at least a clean way) to enforce slot types. Could
that pose some problems when accessing the data contained in CL's data
structures from C?

> If you want
> you can compile lisp functions, such as structure slot readers or your
> own custom writing functions, to have a C name that gets exported, and
> use them directly from C, if you really need to (it is a
> declaration, but I do not remember it right now).

Sounds interesting. Is there any example that I can take a look?

Thanks for the help,
Rui Maciel