[Ecls-list] architecture-specific *FEATURES*

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 11 07:34:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Matthew Mondor
<mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:
> Note that I've not looked into the implementation details yet to
> suggest a diff, although I'd like to know if there's any existing
> precedent about this I'm unaware of, or if the suggestion is welcome.

Even if you supply a CFLAGS, ECL still may need to guess the
architecture it runs on when building, so the logic would not be
"check CFLAGS and do that or this", but rather decide whether a
platform / chipset feature is added at all at compilation time or at
run time. The problem with the latter is that the logic for platform
detection a-la-gnu is very very complicated: just have a look at
config.guess / config.sub So in the case of run time detection via
uname() it is not realistic to provide standardized platform names as
features, but rather rely on whatever uname() gives us