[Ecls-list] 10.11.1 to be frozen

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Mon Nov 9 00:44:03 UTC 2009

> ...after it runs all tests tonight and unless somebody has something
> to object or some urgent petition or fix that should be included in
> the next release.

Using ECL for FriCAS I have noticed the following problems:

1) when computing atan of imaginary unit ECL dies:

Top level.
> (atan (complex 0.0d0 1.0d0))
Segmentation fault

2) Calling BREAK inside FriCAS code does not start the debugger.
   Apparently when *debugger-hook* is set the hook is run (contrary
   to the HyperSpec saying that BREAK goes directly to the
   debugger).  I am not sure what is neccessery to reproduce
   this problem: BREAK on ECL command line and in simple programs
   works OK (except for the fact that *debugger-hook* is run), but
   in FriCAS both calling BREAK from compiled code and from eval
   does not work.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl