[Ecls-list] [patch] Two patches

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 06:32:34 UTC 2009

Attached are two patches against ECL CVS HEAD.

I found that define-symbol-macro (and things which expand into it,
such as ffi:def-foreign-var) produce warnings about unused FORM and
ENV variables. symbol-macro-no-warning.patch addresses this by adding
a (declare (ignore form env)) to the expansion.

I noticed ECL doesn't seem to honor the declaration of variables as
ignorable. ecl-ignorable-variables.patch attempts to address this by
adding a IGNORABLE slot to the VAR struct and consulting it before
issuing the unused variable warning in CHECK-VREF. I had to modify
C1MAKE-VAR to take the list of other declarations returned from C1BODY
(where the ignorable declarations end up) so it could set the var's
ignorable slot correctly.