[Ecls-list] ECL + ContextL?

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Mon Nov 2 21:30:18 UTC 2009

On 2 Nov 2009, at 21:00, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Alexander Gavrilov <angavrilov at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>>
>> With the attached patches for ECL, closer-mop and contextl,
>> it seems to pass most of its test suite (some obscure cases
>> still don't work).
>
> Thanks a lot! I will be reviewing them through the following days --
> tonight must prepare a lecture.

OK, I will wait until Juanjo has included your changes into ECL, and
then will try to make Closer and ContextL work in ECL as well. Please
keep me informed, just in case I miss some announcement, or so.

The comments say several times that compilation at runtime is very
expensive in ECL. How very is 'very'? The idea is that these
compilations are usually done only once, for functionality that is
used often later on. Is it still not economical to do this?

Thanks,
Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net