[Ecls-list] ECL + ContextL?

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Mon Nov 2 10:33:11 UTC 2009

On 1 Nov 2009, at 20:31, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> wrote:
>> The main step to get ContextL to work is to get Closer to MOP to work
>> first.
>
> Some of the software that I tested for another problem reported here
> does use Closer to MOP and built just fine. Do you mean that even
> though Closer to MOP compiles just fine it is missing some features
> when used with ECL?

There is 'preliminary' support for ECL in the current Closer to MOP
distribution. This means I haven't made a lot of effort yet to really
support it, only some simple things (like exporting all the CLOS MOP
symbols). If it works in some software package, it's probably because
that software package uses only simple CLOS MOP functionality, or
because ECL's support for the CLOS MOP is already quite good by now. I
would have to investigate this further (which is not a trivial
undertaking, unfortunately).

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net