[Ecls-list] ECL + ContextL?

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sun Nov 1 18:38:34 UTC 2009

On 1 Nov 2009, at 12:12, Alexander Gavrilov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently ContextL fails to build on ECL due to the lack
> of funcallable-standard-class:
>
> ;;;   (ENSURE-CLASS 'LAYERED-FUNCTION DIRECT-SUPERCLASSES ...)
> ;;; The form (ENSURE-CLASS 'LAYERED-FUNCTION :DIRECT-SUPERCLASSES
> '(STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION) :DIRECT-SLOTS NIL :DIRECT-DEFAULT-
> INITARGS (LIST (LIST ':METHOD-CLASS '(FIND-CLASS 'LAYERED-METHOD)
> #'(LAMBDA NIL (FIND-CLASS 'LAYERED-METHOD)))) :METACLASS
> 'FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-CLASS) was not evaluated successfully.
> ;;; Error detected:
> ;;; No class named FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-CLASS.;;; Warning: COMPILE-
> FILE warned while performing
>             #<ASDF:COMPILE-OP NIL 71726016> on
>             #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "cx-layered-function-macros"
> "contextl" 71728848>.
> ;;; Warning: COMPILE-FILE failed while performing
>             #<ASDF:COMPILE-OP NIL 71726016> on
>             #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "cx-layered-function-macros"
> "contextl" 71728848>.
>

> I wonder how difficult might it be to fix it?

The main step to get ContextL to work is to get Closer to MOP to work
first. I hear that the CLOS MOP support in ECL improved, and my
understanding of how to make implementations conform better to the
CLOS MOP specifications improved as well. I only need to find some
time to spend on this. I currently have an improvement of Closer to
MOP in the pipeline, as well as another improvement of ContextL.
Afterwards, I need to decide how to spend my time on either ECL or
SCL, or both. I'm sorry that I don't have better news for you.

Best,
Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net