[Ecls-list] ECL + ContextL?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 1 18:26:48 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Alexander Gavrilov <angavrilov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Alexander Gavrilov
>> <angavrilov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Currently ContextL fails to build on ECL due to the lack
>> > of funcallable-standard-class:
>> > I wonder how difficult might it be to fix it?
>>
>> Not too much. CLOS objects are already accepted by funcall, but only
>> when they are marked as funcallable.
>
> So basically I could duplicate the code in the CLOS
> implementation that directly mentions standard-class
> and standard-object for the funcallable-* alternatives,
> and it should just work (more or less)?

More or less, but I wonder whether we need so much code duplication or
instead find a common ancestor. I do not have my copy of AMOP around.
Is funcallable-standard-class not a subclass of standard-class?

> Btw, the MOP feature test suite complains that built-in-class
> should be an instance of standard-class instead of class.
> Is there any reason behind this mismatch, or is it just a typo?

Hmmm, I probably misread the specification, but built in objects are
not standard objects in general. I mean you can not manipulate their
slots in the same way it is done with instances of standard classes.
That was probably my motivation when I wrote that code.