[Ecls-list] Latest changes & request for comments

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon May 18 15:26:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Michael Abshoff
<michael.abshoff at googlemail.com> wrote:
> FYI: On Solaris 10 now the uint* types are detectd correctly in the latest
> CVS. There is still the problem with isfinite().

Ok, it is good to read that the problems become better defined.

> I am sorry the account for
> the Solaris 10 box hasn't been provided more quickly

No problem, I can wait. In the mean time I will try to build an open
solaris image myself. Last time I tried it was even impossible to boot
the OS using a virtual machine.

> but I am at a
> conference and we are about to release Sage 4.0 (with ecl finally :))

Good news!

> Anyway, I build Maxima+ecl on a mips64 box and boehm gc need the following
> fix to build due to getcontext() not being provided on Linux/mips64 (maybe
> even mips). [...] If you google around you will find that this has been fixed on linux/mips
> for glibc 2.9 and there is a backport of the fix in glibc 2.7 for Debian,
> but I am running things on a SiCortex which runs Gentoo

I have pushed this fixed into our local gc tree.

> You also need to build boehm_gc on that platform without threading - at
> least with the 7.1 release you have in tree (and which also seems to be the
> most recent stable release). I should let upstream boehm_gc know about the
> fix to see if they will accept it.

As I said, this is getting pushed into ECL's tree. It is not the first
time we temporarily include a fix for a platform and wait for gc to
catch up.

> Another buglet I ran into is the following. [...] I am doing the following:
>
>  * copy src/gc/mkinstalldirs to src
>  * delete gmp and gc directories
>  * modify src/configure.in:
>
> CPPFLAGS="-I$SAGE_LOCAL/include"; export CPPFLAGS
> LDFLAGS="-L$SAGE_LOCAL/lib"; export LDFLAGS
>
> Now the include directive for the headers should have been pulled in via
> @CPPFLAGS@, but it isn't. If I add it manually for $(DPP) things blow up.

The value of CPPFLAGS was not used when building dpp. I have fixed this as well.