[Ecls-list] ecl 9.4.1 build trouble on Solaris 10/x86

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat May 16 19:56:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 2:33 AM, Michael Abshoff
<michael.abshoff at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have been having trouble to build ecl on Solaris 10/x86.  Everything
> works pretty much out of the box on Solaris 10/Sparc. [...]
>
>  * ecl.h does not include stdint.h on Sun:

Sun's definition of stdint was buggy and did not include all integer
types it was supposed to. But this port was done for Solaris 8, so
things may have improved since then.

> * During the linking stage of ecl_min things blow up due to missing "isfinite"
> The following addition to ecl.h makes ecl_min link:[...]
> But then the following just hangs and consumes CPU cycles: [...]
> Juan: I can get you access to a fast Solaris 10/x86 box if you lack access.

Please! I warn you though, that it may take me some time to do the
investigation -- no ADSL at home makes things complicated.