[Ecls-list] Help cross-compiling ECL for ARM EABI (was: Can ECL run on the Nokia S60?)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 3 08:55:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Elliott Slaughter
<elliottslaughter at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I can't cross compile, then as I see it, I have two options: Either
> I can compile on the device itself, or I can emulate an ARM CPU on my
> x86 machine and pretend that it's compiling on the real thing.

I have been using the second one in the past, when I had a Linux box
available. QEMU was running fine with ARM but, again, I had to use
--with-fpe=no at configuration time to disable floating point
exceptions, because the kernel library for them was buggy.

> ;;;   arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o
> "/home/elliott/src/ecl-9.1.0/build/libecl.so"
> -L"/home/elliott/src/ecl-9.1.0/build/" "c/main.o" "c/all_symbols2.o"
> "liblsp.a" "libeclmin.a"      -leclgmp    -lm   -lgcBroken at

This step is trying to build the shared library with all of ECL in it.
However I see that this command is missing a flag: -shared, that
indicates that the output is a DLL and not a program. This flag is
automatically detected by the configuration process, that is unless
the host detection step (config.guess and config.sub) fails to
identify your system.