[Ecls-list] FW: Editing at the console???

Alexander Gavrilov angavrilov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:03:20 UTC 2009

> From: ken_ore at hotmail.com
> I have two requests, being able to ctrl-f,b around to edit something I'm entering at the lisp command prompt, as well as an up-arrow type of thing to recall the thing I previously entered.  I might have typed it wrong and want to recall it, edit, and resubmit it.
>
> Or am I the only one editing on the console?

Try installing the ecl-readline library, and loading
it from your ~/.eclrc:

   (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'ecl-readline)
   (ecl-readline::enable)

With recent ecl releases you may also have to add the
following assignment to the end of the enable function
in ecl-readline.lisp:

   (setf system::*standard-input* system::*terminal-io*)

I don't know exactly why, but without it readline is used
only in the debugger break mode.

Alexander