[Ecls-list] Huge patches being committed

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:10:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Marko Kocić<marko.kocic at gmail.com> wrote:
> The way gentoo ebuild/econf works is that, if you have debug use flag,
> it will call configure either with --enable-debug or --disable-debug,
> based on use flag state. In this case, it always enables debugging.

I must say I have tested this on a platform where --enable-debug and
--disable-debug broke the build, but now it worked --- as I said, the
problem was a too small stack size that was consumed by unoptimized
code --. However, since you report that this still does not work with
gentoo I have removed the flag completely. CFLAGS should be used to
set whatever debugging information level you want for the library.