[Ecls-list] Huge patches being committed

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:08:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Gabriel Dos
Reis<gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Juan Jose
> Is the bug taking too hard to fix right now?

I have a problem tracking it. It somehow raised the issue that the
configuration flags in MSVC are very much different from the other
ones. For instance, we had no small conses and other stuff.

I just finished matching them and the problem persists. Everything
seems to point out that the problem is related to the C compiler and
the code it generates, even for identical configuration as my OS X or
Linux copies.

Regarding the issue of maintainers, I want to remark that other people
had commit rights in the past and that I am more than willing to
accept regular patches and share maintainance. It is just that there
are other sexier problems to work with (Clojure, etc) and not too many
people are interested or need to get involved in such a basic job.

A possible solution to this problem would be to merge implementations,
but the right way. I.e., not merging ECL into GCL, but rather the
opposite, or even merging ECL and SBCL. Say, for instance, that you
take SBCL and build it on top of the ECL runtime using C as a possible
backend for the generated code... :-)