[Ecls-list] examples or documentation on debugging...

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:19:10 UTC 2009

I must warn that Slime is right now in a bit broken state becaue of
the changes in the environment structure to accommodate compiled
functions. I was also made aware that using form number is not really
useful when the code changes the readtable or use #+ or #-. Indeed,
this is the case in a couple of libraries and should be a major
problem debugging them.

Things are as follows. First, Slime will have to be upgraded to
understand the environment produced by C functions (basically it
involves calling si::decode-ihs-env)

Second, ECL is being changed to record not the form number, but the
precise file position at which the form was read. Please understand
that this is a complicated change -- we might not get it right the
first time -- since it involves detecting forms that are ignorable
(#+/- conditionals, comments, etc).

Given the file position, it should not be difficult to compute the
line number and column, if somebody needs it.

Again, Slime should be upgraded to understand this new information as well.

Juanjo