[Ecls-list] Huge patches being committed

Marko Kocić marko.kocic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:10:29 UTC 2009

2009/6/9 Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>:
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Marko Kocić<marko.kocic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Let me pretend now that I am build farm, and I'm reporting build
>> failure on mingw32. It fails to build multitheraded build with
>> included gc and system gmp. gcc-4.4 also.
>> Note that mingw build doesn't work for some time.
>
> Yes, I know about the problems. There are many issues involved. Some
> people reported problems with Boehm-Weiser GC and mingw and I myself
> have problems running the mingw build in the virtual machine: it takes
> 10x more resources than the MSVC build and my computer is not really
> powerful. That makes it difficult for me to work on that port.

True. That's why I used system gmp on mingw. It drastically reduces build time.

I know you are a one man team, so I hesitated to bother you with port
that noone else seems to use before I tried do fix it myself, but I
didn't get far.

As I can see this it the main problem with ecl. It clearly needs more
maintainers, since one man, no matter how talented he is, just can't
do all by himself.

The problem is that I was not able to build gc-7.1 standalone itself.
I'll try to check Samiums repo with old gc-6.8 which worked.

Regards,
Marko Kocić