[Ecls-list] Invalid octet sequence -> SIMPLE-ERROR

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Wed Jul 29 19:29:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

Today I noticed the following error:

Stream #<io stream FD-STREAM> with external format (UTF-8 LF) contains
an invalid octet sequence.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Which appears to have been signaled by gray:stream-read-line.  I could
handler-case around it but this would mean the loss of an input line.
It seems that malformed_character() is called by converter functions
thus generating this error.  Is this expected?  Because this means that
my application can error when remote clients send invalid utf-8
sequences.  The only way around it which I currently see would be
implementing a custom read-line function and handler-case around
read-char.

I wonder if it'd be possible to optionally return a specific character
instead of reporting such an error, similarily to what iconv does...

Thanks,
--
Matt