[Ecls-list] Latest changes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:59:50 UTC 2009

 - The C structures ecl_array, ecl_vector, ecl_base_string and ecl_string have
   changed. Instead of using bitfields for hasfillp and adjustable we now
   use a single integer field, and handle the bits manually. See the
   new macros ECL_ADJUSTABLE_ARRAY_P and ECL_ARRAY_HAS_FILL_POINTER_P.

 - Four new command-line arguments, --encoding, --input-encoding,
   --output-encoding and --error-encoding, allow the user to change the
   external formats of the default streams.

 - For places defined with the simple form of DEFSETF, SETF now produces
   a simpler expansion, without a surrounding LET* form.

 - STEP did not work properly because the bytecompiler introduced an extra
   opcode after STEPCALL.

The first change is important, because the Microsoft compiler produces
too many bytes for padding and make the object header of an array
radically different from that of another lisp object. I do not know
whether this is behind other problems with Solaris, but today I
managed to build for the first time in a couple of weeks the
Solaris/Sparc port (*)

Juanjo

(*) This was entering the right CFLAGS and LDFLAGS by hand. The
mechanism for finding out GMP's favourite flags is still broken.