[Ecls-list] Crash when using stepper on Win32 platform

Greg Santucci thecodewitch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 00:43:48 UTC 2009

Is the Win32 platform still supported? I'm currently using version 9.4.1
because its the last version that compiles with Visual Studio. I've found a
problem with it - the stepper crashes when a function returns. Here is a
transcript:

C:\ECLTest>ecl
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 9.4.1
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
> (defun addone (x) (+ 1 x))

ADDONE
> (step (addone 1))
 (ADDONE 1) -
 (BLOCK ADDONE ...) -

Internal or unrecoverable error in:
SIGSEGV without handler to jump to.

way.

Has this since been fixed in later versions?

Greg